Monday, February 6, 2012

To Create, Or not to Create... That is the Question.

If I were given the ability to create life, as Frankenstein did, I suppose I would have to turn it down. I don't believe that I should be able to put something on this earth that was so unnatural and fabricated by man, it's almost blasphemous.When God created man on earth, I don't think he expected us to take parts of each other and mend them together to create one super-being or to others, a monster.
When you take human engineering to the extreme, you can do anything with it. When you create life as Frankenstein did, you can create a killing machine. Perhaps a super genius capable of learning anything and everything, maybe someone that can run faster than the average human and have the reflexes of six people together? The truth is, if someone could harness this power what could they do with it?
Some people may disagree, but to me creating life is just wrong. Wrong, wrong, wrong.

3 comments:

  1. you make an extremely good point. But what if creating a new life could benefit the world we live in today?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I suppose it would be a forward in technology or the modern understanding of life today.. But if we had the power to create life in human form, then we should be able to create life in the form of plants and animals too.. So that would create food sources for starving people around the world. Maybe we could create plants that survived in the desert or animals that could be engineered to live in the harshest climates with the people there. I'm rambling now, but life could come in so many other forms. I don't think it should be human though

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete